Sunday, September 13, 2009

Games Are More Than They Seem

Kim Ayres has an interesting, well written blog. This is one of his recent comments.

9 months, 3 days and untold numbers of espressos later and I've finished Extreme Su Doku: Bk. 2, by Wayne GouldI can't remember how long book 1 took me, but I now have book 3 at the ready.

These Sudoku books have become a part of my life over the past couple of years. There's a wonderful meditative quality when my mind is so occupied, that for the duration I'm no longer thinking about anything else - fears, concerns and anxieties are nudged out the way. It's almost become another form of self medication, only with less harmful side effects.
Kim Ayres

I am heartened by Ayres' Sudoku addiction. I am also delighted by his rationalization for the participation in what appears to be a 'useless' occupation. You see, I have become attached to several facebook based games. I thought I was wasting time playing Farmville, Farm Town and Barn Buddy but now I know that I am actually meditating. How sublime!

You can view Kim's blog at http://kimayres.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment